Ah, sweet banana fritters. These are a real treat & can be prepared quickly when you are looking for a semi-healthy dessert. Yes, they are fried, but bananas are one of the world’s healthiest foods. They are an excellent source of potassium, vitamins, minerals, and fiber. And when compared to many other deserts, these are a much better choice.
Time to Prepare:
25 minutes; 15 prep & 10 minutes to cook
- 3 Bananas
- 1 Cup Flour
- 1-1/2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/3 Cup Milk
- 1 Teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 1 Egg (lightly beaten)
- Peel and mash the bananas
- Mix the flour and other dry ingredients with the bananas, alternating with the milk until blended.
- Add the lemon juice and the lightly beaten egg.
- Drop the batter into the oil and fry until golden brown, flipping once.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving.
- Garnish your banana fritters with red berries, whipped cream or a sprig of mint.
- These little guys cook up quickly, just a minute or two on each side.
- Prepare the batter ahead of time before dinner, then cover with plastic wrap and store in the fridge until you are ready for dessert.