Today we are going to take a look at one of my favorite vacuum sealers – the Foodsaver FM2435-ECR vacuum sealing system. We’ve done a roundup review on our favorite FoodSaver Vacuum Sealers, but this one made the list for our best all-around so I thought it really deserved its own review. Plus it is even budget-friendly!
FoodSaver FM2435-ECR Review
FoodSaver offers a stainless steel (easy to clean) sealer system that also comes with a bag starter kit and a bonus handheld sealer for smaller food portions. The bag waste is kept to a minimum thanks to the integrated seal and vacuum chamber.
The reason we like this model so much is that it offers many high-end features that others often leave out.
- Vacuum chamber and integrated seal design
- Extra-wide sealing strip for the best seal possible
- Roll-storage and cutter
- Handheld model included
- Simple touch design
Regarded as the best vacuum sealer system, the FM2435-ECR has the power to seal your food tightly into bags while saving you money. When you hit the start button, the unit will begin to vacuum seal your food using a new, integrated seal design that leads to less bag wastage.
What does this mean? You’ll save money again – compared to competing models.
Less waste is always a good thing. The seals also have an extra-wide seal strip that offers a strong, durable seal, guaranteeing your food stays fresh.
If you’re afraid that your new sealer might break from the immense amount of food you’re planning to store, don’t worry: there’s a 5-year warranty to protect your investment.
The Pros and Cons of the FM2435 FoodSaver
• Less bag waste compared to competing models
• Thicker seal strip for a stronger seal
• Bonus handheld sealer is included
• Seals wet or dry food
• Easy on the budget
• Lacks the sealing speed of other models
• Takes practice to get the perfect seal
The FoodSaver FM2435 does lack the speed of other models, but this is by design. The patented technology works to slowly remove the air from the interior of the bag while saving on bag waste (a major problem with other machines).
Another possible drawback is that you’ll have to seal a few food items before really getting the hang of using this vacuum sealer. But, there are a few tips that can help make your sealing a breeze.
We didn’t see either of these as deal-breakers. Every new appliance takes a little practice. And, I’m happy to wait an extra second or two for an extra-tight seal that will keep my food fresher longer!
Tips for Using the FoodSaver FM2435-ECR
- The dry mode runs much faster than wet, but the wet mode does provide a better overall seal.
- Purchase the same sealer bags that come with the model for best results. Using store-bought ziplock or other types of bags only leads to headaches and less than perfect seals.
- Make sure the bag is flat on the seal for best sealing. This is the biggest mistake of new users!
- Stretch your dollar: Meat preserved with the foodsaver system in the freezer can last upto 3...
- Built-in roll storage & cutter: Create custom-sized bags without using scissors; Led light...
- Even more consistent sealing: guaranteed to reach an optimal vacuum level and perform an...
- Easy lock and latch: One-handed operation lets you easily lock the lid with a simple turn...
- Seal Wet and Dry Items: For Optimal Vacuuming and Sealing of Moist or Juicy Foods, Press the...
Last update on 2020-08-07 / Affiliate Links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, FoodSaver has a vacuum attachment that works well with Mason jars.
Yes. Hold the Vac button until you’re satisfied, and then hit the seal button.
No. The manufacturer recommends using only FoodSaver bags.
We think this is one of the best FoodSaver vacuum sealers on the market today, and it’s shocking just how much longer your food will last. When you use this vacuum sealer, foods will last for up to 5 times longer.
Imagine not throwing out beef for 2 – 3 years when it normally goes bad in six months. Cheese normally lasts 1 – 2 weeks in normal packaging, but with the food sealer, your cheese will last for 4 – 8 months.
Even lettuce, which often goes bad in as little as three days, can last up to two weeks when vacuum sealed.
Click here to start spending less and saving more with the FoodSaver M2435-ECR vacuum sealer.
What Types of Foods Can I Seal?
You can also use this model for:
- Jar Sealing: Seal your favorite soups, salads, and sauces in a jar. Simply use the attachment and remove all the air from your jars.
- Bulk Foods: Now you can buy in bulk when shopping at your favorite grocery store. You can even seal berries (often very expensive) in large quantities to put them in your oatmeal or eat them as a snack.
- Prep Meals: Prep complete meals and even seal them up inside the bag for easy reheating. This allows for food prep well in advance so that you stay on track when trying to eat healthier or on a diet.
The FM2435-ECR is a system that includes a handheld vacuum sealer combo. A handheld sealer allows for easy sealing on-the-go. If you’re a person who travels a lot or likes to go camping often, the handheld sealer is a definite bonus.
And FoodSaver also includes a holder clip along with 1 x 11″ x 10″ roll, 3-quart bags, 2-gallon bags, 3-quart vacuum zipper bags, and 2-gallon zipper bags.
Why We Think Everyone Should Have a Vacuum Sealer In Their Pantry
Food spoilage is a major concern in many developed countries. Statistics from 2012 show that 40% of food in the United States goes to waste every year. The food goes from farm to fork to the landfill.
World Hunger notes that 12.9% of the world’s population is hungry, or roughly 780 million people.
You can stop wasting food, save money and lower the strain on the world’s agricultural industry by using the best FoodSaver vacuum sealer. If you spend $100 at the store, just remember you might be wasting up 40% of this food.
It’s time to start saving your food – not letting it go to waste. If you want the best vacuum sealer for your food, look no further than FoodSaver.