Looking for a versatile food sealer that’s affordable and easy to use? Our Foodsaver V2244 review will help you determine whether this is the right model for your home kitchen.
Foodsaver vacuum sealers are some of the most popular and respected models on the market today. Their versatility and affordability make them the preferred choice of home cooks.
The V2244 sealer is an older model, but it offers attractive features, a compact design and durability. There’s a lot to consider when buying a food sealer. We’re here to help.
Let’s dive into our review and see what this model has to offer.
Our Foodsaver V2244 Review
Our writer’s research and recommend the best products for your kitchen. Links to these products are included where you can learn more or buy each product. We may receive commissions on purchases made through these links.
The Foodsaver V2244 vacuum sealing system has a user-friendly design and comes with everything you need to start using it right away.
It’s small enough to fit on any countertop, and its user-friendly design makes the sealing process less intimidating. The V2244 was designed with users in mind, and Foodsaver has incorporated LED guide lights into the process to eliminate any guesswork.
Although this model is a little older than some others, it still delivers a strong heat seal and has a durable design. It works with all Foodsaver bags, and it also has an accessory hose that allows you to use it with special canisters and containers.
Key Features and Benefits of the Foodsaver V2244
- Compact design for easy use in any kitchen
- CrushFree Instant Seal feature to protect delicate foods during sealing
- Removable drip tray that’s easy to clean in the dishwasher
- Accessory port and hose for use with canisters and other accessories
- The vacuum function removes oxygen to preserve foods for up to three years in the freezer
- LED lights guide you through the sealing process for easy use
- One-handed operation allows for easy operation even when you’re busy in the kitchen
- Seal wet or dry foods – no need for different modes
- Includes an 11” x 10’ vacuum seal roll, 2 x 1-gallon vacuum seal bags and 3 x 1-quart bags
- Extra-wide seal strip creates an airtight seal while reducing bag waste
The V2244 offers a robust set of features that streamline and simplify the vacuum sealing process. No matter what type of food you want preserve – meats, fruits, vegetables, herbs, pastas, etc. – you can be confident that the V2244 will meet your needs.
But like with any other food sealer, there are some advantages and disadvantages to consider with this model.
- Easy, one-touch operation saves time
- LED guide lights take the guesswork out of food sealing
- Preserve wet or dry foods without having to switch modes
- The removable drip tray is easy to clean
- It’s loud
- There’s no space to store rolls
- No bag cutter function
There are only a few minor complaints with the V2244. This model is louder than some other food sealers, but we’ve yet to find any vacuum sealer that’s quiet. Still, the noise level is something to consider if you live in an apartment or with other people you don’t want to disturb.
Like some other compact Foodsaver sealers, this model doesn’t have space to store a bag roll, nor does it have a built-in bag cutter. These are both convenient features, but having to store rolls and cut bags outside of the sealer really isn’t a big deal. All you need is a good pair of scissors to quickly cut a bag for your food.
The trade-off is that you get an affordable, compact food sealer that’s easy to use.
- Stretch your dollar: Meat preserved with the foodsaver system in the freezer can last upto 3...
- Number 1 vacuum sealing system: Foodsaver keeps food fresh upto 5x longer compared to ordinary...
- Easy lock and latch: 1 handed operation lets you easily lock the lid with a simple turn...
- Seal wet and dry items: No need for multiple modes; The patented removable drip tray will catch...
- NRTL Tested & Certified Product: All Foodsaver appliances are ETL or UL certified by Nationally...
Last update on 2021-06-22 / Affiliate Links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
What Customers are Saying About the V2244
We can boast about the V2244’s features and benefits, but user reviews are the real test of quality and durability. Most users like this food sealer, but like any other model, it does have some quirks that you should know about.
Here’s what customers are saying about the Foodsaver V2244:
- Saves time when preserving food in bulk.
- Compact size doesn’t take up much space in the kitchen.
- Easy to use and affordable.
- The drip tray is easy to keep clean.
- Instructions aren’t the best.
- The seal is easily destroyed by just a little bit of liquid.
The key to success with the V2244, it seems, is to make sure that your bags have some extra space and to remove as much liquid as possible before sealing. The goal is to make sure that the seal area is completely dry and free of oil or liquid.
You can’t create a reliable heat seal if there’s too much moisture.
If you’re having issues with your unit, customer support is happy to help with Foodsaver V2244 troubleshooting or resolving the problem.
Tips on How to Use the Foodsaver V2244
The V2244 is easy to use, but these tips will make this sealer even easier to use and help you achieve better results when preserving your foods:
- Don’t overfill the bags or cut bags that are too small.
- Make sure that the heat seal area is clean and dry. Moisture can damage the seal.
- Double sealing works best for sous vide cooking.
- You can turn off the vacuum function when preserving delicate foods like pasta. Turning off the vacuum doesn’t stop the sealing process, so you can be sure that your foods are still properly preserved.
If you’re not happy with the quality of your heat seal, just run it through again. Sometimes, all you need is a double seal to fix the problem.
Overall, the V2244 is easy to use. You shouldn’t have a problem moving through the sealing process. Just follow the LED guide lights, and you’ll be well on your way to preserving your foods.
The Foodsaver V2244 is a versatile food sealer that can handle just about anything you throw at it. The key to success is to make sure that your bags are the right size and to keep moisture away from the seal area. You can easily use this model to seal wet or dry foods, and the easy operation will encourage you to continue sealing your foods.
It’s not surprising that the V2244 is one of our top recommendations for the best Foodsaver vacuum sealers.