When it comes to making rich, flavorful recipes, it all starts with the ingredients that you use. If the ingredients you are using are fresh, then the flavors in your meal will be too. If on the other hand, they have become stale, they will be less flavorful or may even carry unwanted flavors into the mix.[Read more…] about Preserving The Flavor of Herbs, Marinades, and More with a Vacuum Food Sealer
When you are shopping for a vacuum food sealer, you will find a lot of different choices out there. There are different types of food savers which are ideal for different purposes, and there is also a price range running from low to high.
Before you can know what kind is best for you, you first need to ask yourself why you need the vacuum sealer.
- Are you buying the sealer for just foods, or also liquids like soup?
- Do you want to be able to seal non-food items, like jewelry or electronics?
- Is it important for you to be able to use different types and sizes of bags?
- Do you want to be able to seal jars, canisters, and the like?
- How often will you be using your food sealer? Is it just for the occasional item you don’t want to go bad, or are you using it to create an entire back stock of food for emergencies? Are you using it for professional canning purposes?
- Will you be using the sealer on the go for example, for camping?
- How many bells and whistles are important to you?
- What is your budget?
Have you ever heard of cooking once a week, or once a month? It’s an awesome way to free up time and reduce the amount of stress in your life. It also ensures that you keep eating wholesome, healthy meals, even when you’re working overtime trying to keep up with all of your life commitments.[Read more…] about Five Make-Ahead Meals Using a Food Sealer
Want to know the basics about home canning? It’s a fantastic way to preserve your garden harvest so you can enjoy the fruits of your labor all year long.
In this article, we’ll cover the basic canning facts, then explore the differences between pressure and water bath canning. Finally, we highlight the safety concerns making sure your food stays fresh and how to prevent accidents.[Read more…] about Home Canning Guide: Learning The Basics
With a dehydrator in your kitchen, it’s easy to create your own healthy snacks at home. You can make foods like granola or tempeh fresh from the kitchen, or you can also dehydrate foods for camping, hiking, and other outdoor activities.
There are dozens and dozens of different foods you can dry, but some foods are better for dehydrating than others. We’ve rounded up the best fruits and vegetables for dehydrating, plus included a few recipes and tips to help in the drying process. Let’s check it out![Read more…] about The Best Vegetables, Fruits, and Jerky for the Dehydrator