The best chamber vacuum sealer for home use can extend your food’s shelf life by as much as five times longer than putting your food in the refrigerator or freezer. Some chamber vacuum sealer reviews often list the features of each model, but they lack insight into how these sealers work.
Will the sealer last long? How well is it built? What type of sealing does it offer?
Consumers spend a lot of money on food – prices continue to go up and up. Discarding food because it has spoiled is simply not an option for families on a budget. Investing in a good chamber vacuum sealer may cost money upfront, but you’ll save money every month by keeping your food fresher for longer.
Today, we’re going to help you solve your food waste problem, teach you how to save money, and do it all by choosing between three of the best vacuum sealers on the market today.
Our Chamber Vacuum Sealer Reviews
Vacuum sealers offer a lot of great features that can extend the lifespan of your food and produce while taking up little space inside of your home. Multiple factors should be considered when making your purchase:
- Price is a main consideration when buying a chamber vacuum sealer. Many models have a high price because they’re able to be used for commercial purposes and offer continuous use to the consumer.
- Size is another major consideration. Some sealers can weigh over 100 pounds, so moving some of the larger models can be near impossible.
- Adjustable sealing and cooling times allow for greater control over the sealing process. Different settings can allow for proper sealing of everything from marinades to soups, bread, and meats.
Choosing the right sealer means choosing a model that’s in your budget, works well, and keeps food fresher for longer. We’ve chosen three of the top chamber vacuum sealers and provide in-depth reviews of each.
1. VacMaster VP215 Chamber Vacuum Sealer Review
The VacMaster VP215 is the best chamber vacuum sealer featuring double sealing action that ensures a tight seal that lasts twice as long as competing models. Reliable and quiet, the VP215 is designed to seal liquids, meats, soups, stews marinades – anything you would want to seal.
Weighing just 84 pounds, the unit has dimensions of 14” x 20” x 15” and extends the shelf life of food by as much as 500%.
The VP215 is small and compact, yet it’s built well enough that it’s been used by hunters, catering companies and even small restaurants. A heavy-duty oil pump is the secret behind this chamber vacuum’s sealing power. The pump offers a quiet design while allowing for all-day sealing power and continuous operation.
Offering a completely new way to seal foods, the VacMaster VP215’s 1/4 horsepower pump runs quietly while offering one of the most efficient seals on the market. Air is removed out of the bag and the entire chamber for maximum sealing power.
What Customers are Saying
Customers have left ample reviews of the VP215 to provide in-depth insight into how well this sealer works on a broader base. A few of the leading comments are:
- Price is high, but a lot of people found this sealer to be better priced than the competition
- Seals foods that other sealers cannot, including flour, liquids, and even soup
- Fast sealing with an adjustable vacuum pressure for different food types
- Works much better than Foodsaver and even seals mason jars
Of course, there are some negatives that people mention, primarily customer service. A lot of buyers, especially four or five years ago, complained that customer service is severely lacking. We haven’t seen many recent complaints, so this issue may have been resolved.
One recent purchaser had the manufacturer replace their cracked lid rapidly without any complaints.
Tips to Use the VP215
A few tips to seal your foods more effectively include:
- Adjust the sealing time to 30 – 35 second or less to seal your food
- Change out the oil after a lot of usage to extend the lifespan
- Cycle the pump a few times after filling it with oil
Otherwise, this is an easy-to-use, powerful chamber vacuum sealer.
2. VAC-VIDA VS301 Chamber Vacuum Sealer Review
The VAC-VIDA VS301 is an extra heavy-duty sealer meant for restaurant and serious home use. One hundred bags are included with each purchase. The 1/4-HP oil pump offers continued reliability and is strong enough even for the most intense sealing.
A one-year guarantee protects your purchase, while the black-coated exterior and stainless-steel trim provide a sleek, modern design.
Ideal for serious home and restaurant use, the unit can pack a variety of food types, including moist foods, meats, liquids, and more. Large pouches of up to 10” x 13” are able to fit inside of the unit. Dimensions are 20” x 14” x 15” with a weight of 77 pounds.
The heavy-duty motor is similar to our previous review in that it can be run for longer sealing sessions without concern of the unit burning up.
What Customers are Saying
Consumers have a lot of great things to say about this product and its performance:
- Customer service is fast to respond, and higher-ups in the company will call you to rectify any issues.
- The lid is heavy duty and has a raised interior to fit thicker items inside for sealing.
- Instructions are clear and make it easy for anyone to begin using their sealer.
- Quiet operation with quality components.
- A few tips were left by buyers that can make your usage of the VS301 even easier.
Tips to Use the VS301
Usage is straightforward and easy:
- Adjust the settings on the control panel
- Insert your bag and close the heating bar
- Close the chamber to begin sealing
A few additional tips from consumers who also use this product include:
- Spend time adjusting the cooling, sealing, and vacuum time
- Reach out to customer support when necessary
The VS301 is an easy-to-use, efficient sealer that is built-to-last. Minus a few sparse complaints, users claim that their vacuum sealer can withstand hours of use without it breaking down.
3. Avid Armor Chamber Vacuum Sealer Model USV32 Ultra Series Review
Avid Armor’s Chamber offers a maintenance-free dry piston vacuum pump and has a clear glass lid for easy viewing and sealing views. The unit’s heavy-duty stainless-steel design makes the unit easy to clean and allows for a durable product.
The dimensions of the stainless-steel and black unit are 14” x 15.5” x 9.5.” It’s perfect for smaller kitchens.
A seal bar with two wires allows for a perfect seal. The unit has one-touch controls and an adjustable seal timer to allow for proper sealing of a variety of foods, including sauces, soups, produce, fresh meats, and even marinades.
The manufacturer also includes a vacuum filler plate for additional sealing power. For a smaller, more compact unit, the Avid Armor excels and doesn’t require any pesky oil changes.
What Customers are Saying
Customers have a lot of good things to say about the USV32.
- 5-second increments allow you to have greater control over how you seal food
- Customer service is very responsive and responds to inquiries rapidly
- Parts are replaceable (uncommon in the industry) if something does break
- Works great without any serious maintenance required
Avid Armor’s USV32 is a product that truly resonates with consumers, who find this product easy to use and also very durable. While built to handle even the most intense sealing sessions, the sealer is small enough for home use.
Tips to Use the USV32
Users have a lot of great insight into how you can use this sealer more efficiently.
- Adjust the sealing down from 50 seconds to 30 to 35 seconds
- Be sure to push the glass door on the unit down tightly before use
- Make sure to check the gasket is in place firmly before the first use
Avid Armor does provide a spare gasket and sealing bar just in case they breakdown in the future.
The USV32 comes with the quality and customer service perfect for first-time and advanced users. While the unit is more affordable, the company maintains a quality and level of customer service that higher-priced vacuum sealers cannot offer.
When you choose the best chamber vacuum sealer for your kitchen, you’re going to waste less food, save time, money and keep your food fresher for longer. All of these chamber sealers offer superb sealing power, great features, and affordability for the typical home user.
If you answer “yes” to any of these questions, a chamber vacuum sealer can help:
- Do you throw out food often?
- Does your produce seem to go bad before you can eat it all?
- Do you have a lot of leftovers and want to maximize freshness?
- Do you prep your food and want to keep it as fresh as possible?
Anyone who buys food knows that without a proper sealer, the food goes bad fast. You can use plastic wrap or Tupperware, but nothing keeps your food fresh like a vacuum sealer. A sealer removes oxygen from the container, leads to less spoilage, and allows you to save money.