Three of the Best Vacuum Sealers for Sous Vide Style Cooking
If you are looking for the best vacuum sealers for sous vide cooking, we’ve got three great options for you to check out.
Vacuum Sealers save you time, and they also ensure that savory juices and marinades stay safely nestled inside the pouch. Removing oxygen from your cooking pouches ensures full immersion in the cooking water, so food is always cooked to perfection.
Our 3 Picks for the Best Vacuum Sealer for Sous Vide
We’ve scoured sous vide vacuum sealer reviews and narrowed down the list to the three best models based on budget and use.
We may earn commission from links to products on this page, learn more here.
1. Best Combo Cooker + Sealer: Anova Precision Cooker and Sealer
Anova is a respected and trusted brand in sous vide cooking. Their Precision Cooker comes with a handheld sealer for easy cooking and preparation without having to buy more than one device.
The vacuum sealer that’s included with this combo package has a major advantage: It’s manufactured by a company that produces sous vide cookers. Anova understands the challenges of using home food sealers in sous vide style cooking. They bring their expertise and experience to the table with this product.
The sealer offers a quick and easy way to prepare your bags before using your Anova Precision Cooker. This kit comes with ten vacuum sealer bags to help you get started. It’s also backed by a 100-day money-back guarantee. It works like any other food sealer. Simply press a button to seal and remove air from the bag. The Anova sealer is compact in size, so it can easily fit on any countertop.
Once your bags are sealed, you can use the Anova Precision Cooker to cook and serve delicious, flavorful meals. It circulates water at the exact temperature needed for flavorful, perfectly cooked meals. The cooker connects with the Anova app, which has thousands of free recipes and allows you to monitor your food right from your phone using Bluetooth.
The Anova combo package is a great option for anyone who is just getting started with sous vide and wants to ensure they have everything they need to get started.
What Customers are Saying
The Anova sealer and cooker combo is backed by a wealth of positive reviews from customers. Here’s what users are saying about this sealer:
- Simple to use and creates a strong seal.
- The slow vacuum feature makes it easy to work with delicate foods.
- Doesn’t take up much space in the kitchen.
Some customers prefer to use the vacuum sealers they already had in their kitchens. Their biggest complaint is that the sealer is useless to them because they already have one. However, if you are just getting started with this cooking style, this combo package can help you save money and time because you get both appliances at once.
Tips for Using the Anova Sealer and Cooker
- Purchase extra bags. The sealer is compatible with virtually any sealer bag. It’s worth investing in some extra bags to make sure you’re prepared for any meal you cook. This combo package pairs well with Kosbon’s 42-piece vacuum sealer and food bag set, which includes 30 sous vide bags, a mini electric vacuum sealer, sealing clips, and cooking clips.
- Use the slow vacuum function when working with delicate foods, like herbs.
- Sear your meats after cooking in the bags to seal in the flavor.
2. Best Countertop VS for Sous Vide: Foodsaver V2244 Vacuum Sealer
With an extra-wide sealing strip and compact footprint, the Foodsaver V2244 is our pick for the best countertop vacuum sealer. Foods preserved in the V2244 can last up to three years without spoiling or losing their flavor.
One-handed operation makes it easy to seal your foods, even when you’re in the middle of prepping. LED light indicators help you through the sealing process, so you’re never left guessing what to do next. Simply press the vacuum and seal button, and let the V2244 take care of the rest. The vacuum process removes air that spoils food and causes freezer burn.
Foodsaver vacuum sealers create strong seals that keep flavor and juices inside of the pouch. When cooking sous vide style, this keeps your food flavorful and tender. With the V2244, you can seal both wet and dry foods with the touch of a button. This model is also compatible with handheld sealers that work with canisters, zipper bags, and containers.
This sealer comes with a starter kit that includes a heat seal roll (11” x 10’), a variety of heat seal bags, and an accessory hose. This ensures that you can get started with your food sealer right out of the box.
What Customers are Saying
Customers are happy with the V2244. Here’s what they have to say about this food sealer:
- Easy to use and delivers a strong seal.
- Cooking with sous vide is tricky without double sealing the bags, but once sealed properly, foods come out flavorful.
- The removable drip pan is easy to keep clean.
- Customer support is responsive and helpful.
Like with any other product, some customers did have complaints. Most of these complaints have to do with the vacuum function, and most of the time, these problems are because the sealer isn’t being used properly. Make sure that you read the instructions thoroughly to avoid issues with the vacuum function.
Tips for Using V2244
- Make sure that you read the sealing instructions thoroughly. It’s important to make sure that you get a thorough seal for sous vide cooking to keep juices and foods from getting into the water bath.
- Double seals can help prevent leaks when cooking sous vide style. Juices from fresh meats and marinades can affect the integrity of the seal, so sealing twice can help keep the seal strong.
- Don’t overdo it with the vacuuming. Otherwise, you may crush delicate food items.
Overall, the V2244 is easy to use and has a compact footprint that makes it ideal for countertop use. Read more about this popular vacuum food sealer in our review.
3. Best Chamber Vacuum Sealer for Sous Vide: VacMaster VP215
The VacMaster VP215 has a 1/4 HP rotary oil pump to cook larger batches of food. Although bigger than other vacuum sealers (14” W x 20” D x 15” H), this model is ideal for serious sous vide cooks because of its double sealing function.
The VP215 weighs 84 lbs., so this is one appliance that you want to keep out on your countertop. This sealer is so powerful that it can be used by small restaurants and delicatessens. It can easily be used for vacuum-packing foods with marinades, soups, and stews. This sealer is compatible with chamber pouches up to 10” W x 13” L.
One major advantage of the VP215 is that it can be used continuously. There’s no cooldown period required because of the oil pump design. If you’re preparing large batches of food, this chamber vacuum sealer will save you time. The pump design also allows for quieter operation compared to other food sealers.
What Customers are Saying
The VP215 is well-loved by customers, but like any other food sealer, this model isn’t perfect. Here’s what users are saying about this vacuum chamber sealer:
- Very heavy, but performs better than traditional food sealers.
- Works continuously – no need to wait in between sealings.
- The oil pump gets dirty quickly, which can interfere with sealing.
Tips for Using the VP215
- Set the vacuum timer for no more than 30-35 seconds.
- Change the oil regularly to keep the sealer working efficiently.
- Invest in a durable stainless-steel cart to easily move this sealer when needed.
How a Vacuum Sealer can Make Sous Vide Cooking Better
Do you need a vacuum sealer for sous vide? Technically, no – but it makes your life so much easier.
A good sous vide vacuum sealer will save you time and help keep all of the juices inside of the pouch when cooking. A flimsy vacuum seal will cause marinades and juices to leech out into the water bath. A vacuum sealer will create the strong seal you need to cook your foods to perfection.
Poaching fruit like apples and pears is easy with a sous vide vacuum sealer.
It also locks in the flavor and prevents it from dissipating as happens with traditional boiling.
A properly sealed pouch will also help preserve the freshness of the food you’re cooking, so you can store it in the refrigerator or freezer for longer.
Plus, if you enjoy cooking at home, you’ll get plenty of use out of your vacuum sealer. Along with sealing food for your sous vide cooker, you will also be able to preserve and store food for later use.
Load up on vegetables and meat to freeze and cook in the future. Vacuum food sealers prevent freezer burn and preserve food for years in some cases (when frozen).
These three vacuum sealers for sous vide cooking are the perfect accessory for your kitchen. If you want to keep juices and marinades sealed tightly inside your sous vide pouches, you need a good food sealer that creates a strong seal. The end result? Delicious, flavorful food cooked to perfection.
A quality sealer will save you time while enhancing the flavor of your foods and preserving their freshness.