This is an easy way to prepare steak that is full of flavor. Plan ahead since it is preferable to marinate the steaks overnight. This gives the vinegar more time to tenderize the meat. The next day, all you need to do is cook up the steaks & dinner can be ready in 15-20 minutes.
Time to Prepare:
Overnight marinade; 10 prep & 10 minutes to cook
- 4 Sirloin or Flatiron Steaks (about 1 inch thick)
- 1/2 cup Red Wine
- 2 T Balsamic Vinegar
- 3 T Fresh Rosemary (chopped fine)
- 4 cloves fresh Garlic (minced)
- Olive Oil
- 1/2 lime (optional)
- Season the steak with salt & pepper.
- In a large zip-lock bag, combine wine, vinegar, garlic, and rosemary.
- Shake to mix, then add steaks.
- Refrigerate a minimum of 3 hours, preferably overnight.
- Heat a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- Remove steak from the baggies and pat dry
- Drizzle each steak with olive oil
- Place steaks in heated pan and brown on both sides.
- Place skillet in oven & cook about 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to rest a few minutes before serving.
- If you don’t have a cast-iron skillet, you can use any oven-safe pan.
- These steaks are excellent cooked on the grill
- You can shorten the marinade time to about 3 hours if needed.
- Adjust oven cooking time based on the thickness of the steak.
- Serve with Roasted Potatoes and a simple salad.
- Squeeze fresh lime juice on the steaks to add a citrus zing.