Roasted sweet potatoes are a favorite recipe of ours. Simple and sweet they pair especially well with chicken or turkey, though you can also serve them with a nice steak or pot roast.
This recipe is especially fast to prepare and family-friendly. Enjoy!
Time to Prepare:
45 minutes; 15 prep & 30 to cook
- 4 Sweet Potatoes
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 T Agave or Honey (optional)
- 2 teaspoons Cinnamon
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Peel sweet potatoes and cut into 2-inch cubes
- Line a baking dish with aluminum foil and spread sweet potatoes in a single layer
- Drizzle the sweet potatoes with the olive oil
- Sprinkle with the cinnamon, salt, and pepper.
- If you have a sweet tooth, add a touch of honey or agave.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes or until tender
- Cooking time will vary depending on how big you cut the sweet potatoes. Larger chunks will take a little longer
- Test for doneness by piercing the sweet potatoes with a fork
- You don’t have to measure out the oil, agave, or cinnamon, this is just a guide. You can simply drizzle the oil right from the bottle. Try to get a little on each piece or you can toss gently with a fork.
Health Benefits of Sweet Potatoes
Sweet potatoes are packed with nutrients. Orange sweet potatoes are an excellent source of beta-carotene. They also contain Vitamin B6 and Vitamin C, potassium, and fiber.
Serving Suggestions and Variations
Roasted sweet potatoes are the perfect complement to many meals. Here are just a few ideas in addition to the standard side dish.
- Replace the standard sweet potatoes with marshmallows side many serve at Thanksgiving with this healthier version of the vegetable.
- Serve them sliced over a dark green leafy salad. This works especially well with coarser lettuce like kale.
- Cut the potatoes in smaller cubes before roasting and serve as a breakfast side.
- Add fresh herbs such as thyme or rosemary to compliment the main protein served.
- Replace half the sweet potatoes with white potatoes for a visually interesting dish.
Enjoy and don’t forget to check out the additional recipes on our website!